Rich Sommer's recent tweet (pictured right) it is not exactly what he meant. The actor, who portrays Harry Crane, implied that the fate of Mad Men was uncertain causing a buzz in the community that seems to have turned into a deafening roar. After enraging Mad Men fans everywhere, Sommer took to his Tumblr to explain:
- Hoo boy. Sometimes I forget about the Internet. […]
- What I meant:
- I am aware that all parties involved are currently negotiating the next season of Mad Men and beyond. Nothing official has been stated yet as far as a pickup, although it is a safe bet — very safe bet — that the show will return in its usual fashion.
- That being said, as an actor who used to be unemployed a lot, and as a father of two, I choose to operate under certain pretenses, until I hear otherwise. Meaning: until I get my official pickup, I am squirreling away money and seeing a shrink to help me cope with being in this business. I will return to calm when we get the official word.
- In the future, I will try to remain a bit more clear on statements like this. I idi [sic] not intend to start the sh*t storm I’ve clearly started, and I did not intend to ruin anyone’s day, fans and coworkers alike.
- That is all. Retreating to my hole now. Goodbye.